Unique Training Opportunity For PPN Members – Strategic Management
Monaghan PPN is delighted to let you all know about a fantastic training opportunity for you all as member groups.
The PPN will be delivering a very focused training programme on Strategic Management for community groups for 15-20 representatives.
This training will require your commitment to take part in 3 no. sessions which will be held on the following dates and times:
Tuesday 14th September 7pm to 10pm (Please note though that on each night the training will finish at 9.30p.m. but the consultant will stay on for anybody who has questions)
Tuesday 21st September 7pm to 10pm – participants will leave with a template of a draft strategic plan and bring their own draft back to the final session on Tuesday 5th October
Tuesday 5th October 7pm to 10pm – consultant will review participants plans and provide advice/feedback on same
Please note you must be available to attend all 3 no. sessions.
So what will the training involve? Participants will learn
- What is the purpose of their group? Attendees will look at the development of a simple vision/mission statement.
- The training should also briefly look at the roles of the key committee members. Who is responsible for doing what in the group?
- Attendees will consider why they need funding and how will they use it? What are the priorities for the next 3 years?
- Participants will consider who are their stakeholders and are they involved in decision making process of funding applications?
- Participants will be given tools to carry out a mapping exercise of what the group needs over a 3 year period
- Participants will be shown how to develop a Strategic Plan for their group that will indicate what are their real needs to develop their groups
- Who will be responsible for managing the funding and how to report to funders
- Participants will be given the opportunity after the second session to do develop a draft strategic plan and bring it to the last session
- How to best use the Strategic Plan when applying for funding
- End of training evaluation
The reason that I have developed this training programme is to help you all as valuable members of the PPN, so that when it comes to applying for funding that you are ready for this with your plan and have a clear vision for your group. It will also be very beneficial to show to funders that your group has a 2/3 year forward thinking plan. My experience in community section and assessing funding applications shows that this approach is very successful.
I will be keeping the number of attendees to 20 at a maximum but if there is enough interest, then we can continue to run the course until everyone has had an opportunity to participate.
If you or a member of your group are interested in participating in this training course please email me or call me on 087 2847274. If you have are unable to attend somebody else in your committee/organisation might be interested so please share this in your networks.
I look forward to hearing from you all.
Remember, give this serious consideration of how this can help your group.